Learning Goals & Objectives
- There is a need for innovative training models to both improve the specific clinical care of complex patients, as well as to teach teams how to collaborate effectively, leading to systems changes which promote coordinated care.
Competencies fulfilled (IPEC)
- IPEC RR3: Engage diverse professionals who complement one’s own professional expertise, as well as associated resources, to develop strategies to meet specific health and healthcare needs of patients and populations.
Core domains covered
- Shared Decision Making: The team works together to create the treatment plan
- Sustained Relationships: The team participates together several times over the course of training. Prior cases are reviewed to provide feedback about the success of prior plans.
- Interprofessional Collaboration: Teams prepare, make suggestions, create the care plan, and provide the care plan together.
- Interprofessional Education Collaborative
Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice; 2016 update